30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 1
To be honest, this is a difficult topic to start off with. I’ve always been rather guarded with my heart because I don’t like experiencing emotional let down. Duh. Most people.
I will admit tho, I am a sucker for quite a few nice gestures.
**Disclaimer: I got worried this looks thirsty. . lol. Not my intentions. AT. ALL. Ya girl is taken care of! Again, I’m doing this challenge in an attempt to make writing consistently more enjoyable for me. One serious post after the next gets old. Enjoy the fluff!
- Corresponding Values: C’mon. This one is obvious. If we don’t agree on the basics (marriage,kids,religion,lifestyle) then there is no point in even reading the next four points. Maybe that’s too forward, idk. But I have to be honest.
- Surprises: Some people hate surprises. I actually love them. We just recently surprised my cousin for her 30th birthday and I thought it was so cute. Not only to see her reaction, but thinking of all the preparation that went into making it special for her really showed me how much love my family has for one another.
- Flowers: Red roses. White Roses. Give me all the roses. So stinking cute!
- Letters: While you’re at it put a message in those flowers and I’ll cry. I adore hand written messages. So much so that I’m guilty of framing them and making them extra visible for me to see when I need a positive boost. I’m also known to give a letter or two. . or six. Whatever, I guess I never left the 6th grade. Lemme know if you wanna chat on AIM later. My username is LIL’Sparkles. Away message “BRB, my stupid dog has to go pee” @ me. (Just giving you some insight on what 6th grade looked like for me.)
- Quality Time: Take this test to discover which of the 5 love languages you best respond to. After taking it, mine turned out to be quality time. Totally true. Basically this means I like a persons full undivided attention. That speaks volumes to me. We live in a world with so many distractions that (in my opinion) one of the nicest things a person could do for someone else is be present. “Whether itʼs spending uninterrupted time talking with someone else or doing activities together, you deepen your connection with others through sharing time.” Turn off the TV, put down the phone and lets bond by the fire.
I guess most of these are romantic gestures, but I would never limit love to merely dating purposes. You don’t have to be dating to enjoy an edible arrangement. In fact, even if you are dating, send your spouse an edible arrangement. The person typically shares and then more people will benefit from your thoughtfulness. Is it too late to add #6 as edible arrangements? I’m getting carried away.
I hope this was an enjoyable read. Leave me some comments on ways to your heart so I can be nice to you!